Mayfield Crest T/A Bread & Wine
Controller of Personal Information
Mayfield Crest LTD T/A Bread & Wine, 22 Holmwood Grove Mill Hill NW7 3DT are responsible for and control the processing of your personal data provided.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When using our website, the information you supply through our online forms are collected to process orders, delivery, payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, personalize your site experience, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We may also use this information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you. In addition, we also use this information to prevent or detect fraud, abuses of our website and to enable third parties to carry out logistical, technical and other functions on our behalf.
The personal data you provide, which we collect and process are your: Name, Address, Telephone numbers, E-mail address, Shipping Address. Please note that the payment information you provide is collected and processed via our payment gateway providers Worldpay or Paypal.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data: –
- To fulfil the terms and conditions agreed with you (contractual obligation)
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations within the U.K/EU
Security & keeping your data safe
Our website is hosted on a secure server, all communication between your browser and our website are encrypted. We do not store payment card details; all payments are processed securely on Worldpay and Paypal sites. Your accounts are also secured by username and password which are unique to you.
We will use all reasonable means to safeguard your personal data, however by using our website you acknowledge that the use of the internet has its risks and we therefore cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may contact you by email about our products, promotional offers and news only if we have your consent. If you have previously consented and would prefer us not to contact you, you can opt out at any time. For further information please see section on ‘Your rights’ below.
Do we share personal data we receive?
Our customer information is important to us and we do not sell, trade or transfer your personal information to others. We share customer information only as follows:
(1) Agents – we employ the services of third party companies to perform functions on our behalf. Example of these services are for fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing card payments etc. These organisations are required to safeguard personal information and have their own Privacy Policies which are available directly from them.
(2) law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his or her behalf and has agreed that you can:
– give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
– accept on their behalf any data protection notices
Data Retention Period
We will process personal data for as long as necessary to meet our contractual, legal and regulatory obligations. We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained. Personal data will be securely destroyed in accordance with our data retention policy.
At any point, while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, have the following rights:
– Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
– Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
– Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
– Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
– Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to yourself or to another organisation.
– Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
– Right to withdraw your consent where you have previously consented.
– Right to be notified of a data breach of your personal data.
– Right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. For up to date contact information visit website www.ico.org.uk
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access my personal data?
We have an obligation to check proof of identity, prior to responding to data protection requests. We accept the following forms of ID: Passport, U.K/EU driving licence, U.K/EU birth certificate, recent utility bill (last 3 months). Two such forms of ID are required.
Changes to our policy
Enquiries/Complaints – Contact us
If you wish to make an enquiry or complaint about how your personal data is being processed contact our Data Protection Officer by e-mail: email@example.com or post: 22 Holmwood Grove Mill Hill, London NW7 3DT.